7/09/2020

// in 2020, we‘re printing polaroids from our phones

Hello people of the internet!
How are we doing today? I‘m doing alright, I guess. Still looking for a new job but also applied for Uni and i really hope Uni works out for me this time :D

Anyway, today‘s post is a review of the TOMY Smartphone Picture Printer KiiPix that I got just one day ago. I‘ve had it sitting in my amazon cart for the longest time but I think I initially found out about it for the first time when I was scrolling through my TikTok For You page. 
Yes, I‘m on TikTok. Don‘t judge me, it‘s actually fun. Or it‘s just me trying to fill the void in my heart that vine left when they took it offline. Who knows? I don‘t.

Back to the printer. 

When I opened the Amazon package, I found the printer in a small cardboard box and got pissed because once I took out the printer, I thought I didn’t get the instax film that I was supposed to get with my purchase. But since I‘m an impulsive little b I should’ve taken everything out of the amazon box as the film was under the airwrap.


So, once you take the printer out of its box, you‘re supposed to turn it around to put the film in.




That‘s what you should see if you put the film in correctly.
Now, since the printer works without batteries, you have to use the film ejection dial and turn it clockwise to eject the film cover. After that, you‘re good to go.




Once you did that, you can put up the wings and take the frame out. The small camera will follow the frame up, so no, you didn‘t break it (@ me yesterday).
On the frame, there are plastic protection strips that you have to remove so your phone won‘t slide off. After you did that, you choose your photo and put the frame on your phone. Please make sure your display is bright and auto-lock is turned off. Now put the frame + phone combo on the KiiPix wings. It should look like this:


As you can see, there‘s a small mirror near the lens. That‘s where you can check if your photo looks the way you want it to look.



Now press the shutter button and use the dial to wheel your photo out.



Leave your photos for a while to develop and you should end up with pretty polaroids.
I have no idea what I did wrong but the first 3 photos were a perfect match for the bin. One was completely black and the other two were white.
I guess that depends on how long you press the shutter button? No idea though.


To show you the quality of KiiPix polaroids, I put those next to two polaroids I took with my Instax Mini 9.
I actually can‘t complain much tbh, polaroids never have the greatest quality and Instax ones are a little less blurry but I‘m happy with my KiiPix. As I mentioned before, I always forget my Instax or don‘t want to bring it because I need to save space and this way, I can continue taking pics with my phone but get physical copies as well.



This post is not sponsored, I paid about 60€ for it on Amazon and I don‘t regret it.
Are you a Polaroid fan? Do you think you‘ll get a KiiPix or do you stick with your Instax?

Have a fab day/evening/night wherever you are.
Stay safe.
Wear your mask.

X

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen