3/26/2020

// On tour: traveling in times of covid19

Hey Internet!

What the hell is going on with the world?! Everyone seems to be going crazy because of Corona and it really is bringing out the ugly in people everywhere. And I‘m not only referring to people panic buying a year‘s worth of bog rolls but also to people being racists towards Asians just because they think Asians are to blame for the pandemic. Newsflash, Karen: they‘re not. Stop being a fuckin bitch and wash your dirty hands.

Now that we got that out of the way, let‘s talk about traveling during Covid.
Did I do it? Yes.
Would I recommend it by now? No.
Would I travel again if I not necessarily had to? Also no.
The only „traveling“ I‘ll do is my trip back home next week. 
I‘m actually not really that worried about catching the virus myself (not because my immune system is particularly strong, but because I‘m telling myself if I get it, I get it and I will recover from it like I did when I had the swine flu. Yes. I had that, too) but I am worried that I might carry it to more vulnerable people that‘s why I did cancel all further travel plans after my return home and I probably will go into some form of self-quarantine as a form of precaution. And while I‘m still on holidays, I keep my distance to large crowds. It‘s not hard for me, actually. My depression and anxiety really trained me for this for the past 10 years so I‘m prepared.

At the time I came to the US, we had like 20 confirmed Corona cases in my hometown and since I don‘t leave my flat that often at the moment, the chances of me having caught it so far are pretty much non existent. However, there are so many people at airports and on planes.. you never know...

*I STARTED THIS POST WHILE ON VACATION THAT‘S WHY I WON‘T WRITE MORE IN THIS BUT CONTINUE IN A NEW POST*

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen